- Chapter 11 Reorganizations
- Out-of-Court Workouts
Robert E. Opera is a partner of Winthrop Golubow Hollander, LLP. He specializes in Chapter 11 reorganizations representing debtors.
Robert has confirmed numerous plans of reorganization in complex Chapter 11 cases involving several operating companies and real estate concerns. He has also been a keynote speaker at bankruptcy seminars held by the Orange County Bar Association and the California Continuing Education of the Bar. Furthermore, Robert continues to serve as an instructor for the Orange County Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section.
Robert holds an “AV” Peer Rating, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer recognition for legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been selected by the publishers of Los Angeles Magazine as a Super Lawyer, representing the top 5% of practicing attorneys in Southern California based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
- “California Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Issues,” Orange County Bar Association Bankruptcy Section
- “Current Issues In Bankruptcy,” Annual Orange County Bar Association Seminar, 1996
- “Fundamentals of Bankruptcy,” California Continuing Education of the Bar, 1988-1989, 1991
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California (J.D., 1981; Moot Court Executive Board; Law Journal: California Bankruptcy Journal, Editorial Board, 1989 – 1990)
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (B.A., 1978; Phi Beta Kappa)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Member, Judicial Liaison Committee on Revision of Local Bankruptcy Rules
- Instructor, Orange County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section